As a critical gatekeeper for Family Hospital, the Outpatient Department is located from Level 1 to Level 4 of the building, covering all medical specialties and clinical lab needs. The Department opens from 6 am to 5 pm throughout the week (except for National Holidays).
Your health is our top priority
- Our dedicated physicians, nurses, and staff are committed to providing the best possible specialty care—safely and effectively. We have taken unprecedented steps to ensure your in-person visits are welcoming and safe.
- With cutting-edge software apps and EMR, patient waiting time at Family Hospital is minimized.
- Family Hospital accepts all types of National insurance cards, regardless of the original registration location, to help patients experience high-quality healthcare services at a reasonable cost.
With General and Specialty Outpatient clinics, currently, the Outpatient Department welcomes 1,500 visits on average every day.
Emergency Department is located on the right side of the hospital, on the 1st floor, with its own separate entrance. Our 24-hour, 7-days-a-week facility offers the most highly-trained staff of doctors and nurses, all of whom offer immediate care, precise diagnoses, and effective treatment.
For All Immediate Needs
At the Emergency Department, all patients are treated equally based on the core commitment: Patients are seen in order of medical urgency. This means that non-urgent patients will be seen after more acute patients, but no later than 1 hour.
All our emergency ambulances are equipped with the latest life-saving medical equipment such as defibrillators, ventilators, and spinal immobilization equipment to assist in the rapid diagnosis of patients suffering from an array of medical or traumatic emergencies. Our equipment is regularly tested and calibrated to ensure efficiency.
If you need help, our team of emergency specialists and trained nurses are just a phone call away.
In the health care world, it’s often said that the Emergency Department is the “front door” of a hospital. If this is the case, those who walk through the doors of the Emergency Department at Family Hospital will enter a warm, caring environment offering state-of-the-art technology and an exceptional care team.
You need help? Do not hesitate to contact us at +84 236 36 32 333
The Department of Internal Medicine is composed of a dynamic, well-qualified, and experienced group of doctors, technicians, nurses, and supporting staff, who deal with the diagnosis and non-surgical treatment of diseases/disorders. They are specially trained to recognize and manage a broad range of diseases, including diabetes, hypertension, lipid disorders, gastroenterology, endocrinology, cardiology, respiratory, musculoskeletal, mental health problems, and so on.
Also, the Department can solve puzzling diagnostic problems, as well as handle severe chronic illnesses and situations where several different illnesses may strike at the same time.
Since its establishment, the Department of Internal Medicine continued to acquire the most modern medical equipment to increase its effectiveness.
Whether diseases are common or rare, simple or complex, patients shall receive the entire focus and the best care in the Department of Internal Medicine of Family Hospital.
The Department of Surgery is staffed by experienced surgeons, providing from general to emergency surgeries, from open to endoscopic surgeries.
Surgical services offered:
- General surgery (including gallbladder and hernia)
- Orthopedic (bone and joint)
- Ear, nose, and throat
- Eye (ophthalmologic)
- Spine surgery
Over the past five years, the Department of Surgery has performed hundreds of extensive and difficult surgeries. Operations are being carried out increasingly by minimally invasive techniques that offer patients less pain, better outcomes, and shorter postoperative recovery.
In the effective cooperation between the Dept. of Surgery and the Dept. of Anesthesiology and Resuscitation, along with fully equipped facilities, the chances for success for every surgery we carried out are enhanced.
At the Department of Surgery, our highly trained and supportive surgical staff walks with you every step of the way in your procedure to ensure a pleasant and positive experience.
Identified as the core specialty in Family Hospital, the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology possesses a team of highly-trained doctors with women’s health care experience, along with modern facilities and medical equipment.
Advanced technology and innovative treatments
- Detailed fetal ultrasounds and regular biological studies conducted over the duration of your pregnancy allow obstetricians to evaluate your health and monitor your baby’s progress accurately in order to detect most abnormalities at an early stage.
- With our 3D/4D ultrasound machines, parents could see their child moving in the womb, in three dimensions.
- Besides, to ensure a painless delivery, epidural anesthesia is available but not all cases are recommended to use.
- In the event that a caesarean section is required, our operating theatres are in close proximity to the delivery rooms.
Besides pregnancy and childbirth, the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology also provides a comprehensive range of diagnoses and effective treatments for other women’s issues, including sexually transmitted infections, ovarian cysts, uterine fibroid, endometriosis, birth control implants, and some other concerns such as hormonal disorders, abnormal bleeding, and cervix cancer.
“Children need health care designed for their unique needs—involving families from start to finish—that is delivered by specially trained clinicians in environments designed just for kids.” The Department of Pediatrics at Family Hospital has been established based on this motto.
Along with up-to-date medical equipment, our highly skilled doctors and nurses have spent years in domestic and international training courses; they also are well-qualified in childcare techniques.
Tailored to your child’s needs
On the other hand, we have designed a special space, with colorful cartoon characters painted on walls, in order to provide children the friendliest healthcare environment.
In every instance, we understand that treating a sick child is more than doing tests, giving medicine, or performing surgery. The Department of Pediatrics is, therefore, dedicated to providing family-centered care for all patients regardless of their medical conditions. Specifically, our health care practitioners strive to build partnerships with our patient’s families, to keep them at the center of decision-making, to support and encourage them to participate in care whenever possible.
Up to now, the Department of Pediatrics at Family Hospital is proud to become one of the most reliable choices for children healthcare in Da Nang and in Central Vietnam.
Currently, the Department of Intensive Care consists of 10 beds for patients who have serious health problems, need intensive medical care and continuous monitoring.
The Department deals with cerebrovascular diseases, brain tumors, spinal cord tumors, and diseases related to the craniospinal nerves such as cranial injuries. We also treat functional disorders such as trigeminal neuralgia and facial spasms in addition to offering general elective screening tests for the brain, thereby emphasizing the prevention of cerebrovascular diseases and the early detection of disorders. The Department began offering emergency stroke medicine in 2018 and now offers 24-hour diagnosis and treatments with the support of the Department of Emergency Medicine.
Patient treatment plans are determined by excellent physicians from various specialties. The nurses in the Department of Intensive Care are well trained in Basic and Advanced Life Support in order to offer advanced care. Typically, the nurse-to-patient ratio is one nurse to two patients. This allows patients to receive competent, compassionate, and individualized care. It also permits nurses to become better acquainted with their patients (and family members) in order to provide personalized care.
The Department of Anesthesiology and Reanimation is located on Level 5, with five fully equipped operating theaters reaching international standards.
At the Department of Anesthesiology and Reanimation, all procedures and guidelines, such as waste management, cleanliness, and hygiene, are regularly updated and strictly monitored.
Our anesthetists and their team are dedicated to providing our patients with the best treatment by committed to their responsibilities, including:
- Preoperative evaluation and preparation for anesthesia and surgery
- Restoration; Post-surgery follow-up
- Treatment of acute and chronic pain
- Painless Endoscopic analgesia
- Intravenous Anesthesia
- Epidural anesthesia or Spinal anesthesia
- Sedation or anesthesia for children requiring MRI, CT, or DSA.
The Department of Traditional Medicine & Rehabilitation was established to combine traditional and modern medicine, using medicinal and non-medicinal methods to increase treatment’s effectiveness. We provide a wide range of services, consisting of:
- Gas sanatorium for effective treatment of musculoskeletal diseases
- Speech therapy
At the Department, we tailor your rehabilitation plans specifically to you. We use the one-to-one basis in which our therapists assist patients from managing their pain to restoring their strength, mobility, functionality, and independence. Whether your daily activities are performed at home, at work, or on the athletic field, our qualified therapists will address your condition and help you get back to doing what you love.
Our team of rehabilitation professionals has many years of extensive experience working with newborns, children, adults, and seniors who might suffer from various physical conditions. We pledge to our overarching goal—to provide a personalized rehabilitation experience for each patient, both in the hospital and at their home.
As one of our key specialties, the Department of Pharmacy was established from the beginning of Family Hospital. After 10 years of dedication, the Department groups out-standing pharmacists who focus on optimizing medicines management, monitoring medication safety, and improving patient care. In other words, all medicines produced and dispensed to outpatients and inpatients are under the coordination of the Department of Pharmacy, in a safe, timely, and cost-effective way.
Specifically, the Department of Pharmacy provides the following services:
- Provision of medication to our inpatients and outpatients.
- Medication safety by ensuring that patients receive or take the right medication, particularly at the right dose, and at the right time.
- Preparing written and verbal medication information for patients
- Medication information (including governance or safety concern) to all health professionals of the hospital and community
- Maintain drug stock throughout the hospital
- Cost-effective use of medicines
The Department of Pharmacy is a significant partner in our patients’ care. By using our pharmaceutical knowledge and expertise, we are truly advocates for our patients. Our commitment is to ensure that our clients receive safe and effective drug therapy throughout their care pathway.
The Department of Diagnostic Imaging is committed to delivering the best quality medical imaging services with regard to efficiency, hygiene, radiation safety as well as image quality.
The Department comprises full-time doctors, technicians, and external consultants in the field. The team works together, building on each other’s experience and strengths, to serve physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
We offer a wide range of diagnostic services, including X-ray, ultrasound, computerized tomography (CT) scans, and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) to provide detailed images of all parts of the body, such as the brain, cardiovascular system, internal organs, bones, joints, blood vessels, spinal marrow, and breasts.
Highlighted equipment at the Dept.:
- 2 Digital X-ray machines (DR)
- 1 DR Mammography – playing an important role in breast cancer screening
- Digital periapical radiography (DPR).
- Bone densitometers by X-ray
- Digital surgical C-arm X-ray machine
- 128-slice CT scanner and 16-slice CT scanner
- Elastography (Acuson S 2000 Siemens, Germany)
- Cardiovascular ultrasound machine GE-VIVID7
- Ultrasound machine system
- Acuson NX3 ultrasound system (Siemens, Germany)
The Department of Laboratory provides a full range of quality laboratory tests, not limited to Clinical Biochemistry, Hematology, Coagulation, Immunology, Urinalysis, Microbiology, etc.
The Department is staffed 24 hours a day for inpatient, outpatient, and emergency services. Our highly trained professional laboratory team of technicians, technologists, and phlebotomists provides accurate test results, which permit physicians to make early diagnosis of diseases or to monitor patients’ conditions.
The Department is well equipped with the latest automated technology and uses barcode readers to support accurate patient identification and tracking information. The test results are available to doctors-in-charge in a timely manner and can be accessed via a secured portal on the hospital’s website.
The Department of Laboratory is also responsible for supplying blood and blood products, compliant with blood transfusion safety regulations in the hospital.
On the other hand, at Family Hospital, the Department of Laboratory has maintained a partnership with numerous national and international laboratories that are accredited to the required standard for offering specialized assays and tests to our patients.
The Department of Infection Control at Family Hospital aims to promote patient safety by reducing the risk of acquiring and transmitting infections.
Main responsibilities of the Department:
- Perform comprehensive surveillance for healthcare-associated infections and epidemiologically significant organisms
- Analyze procedure and device-associated infections
- Create evidence-based interventions to prevent healthcare-associated infections
- Evaluate methods and technologies to reduce transmission of pathogens within the institution
- Create and maintain appropriate infection control policies
- Develop and maintain educational programs regarding infection control for all hospital employees, physicians, and trainees
- Provide consultation to health care providers in the assessment and management of patients and employees who have communicable diseases
- Provide input for the content and scope of occupational health and safety programs related to infection control and prevention
- Advise senior leadership on issues related to a reduction of infection risks and regulatory requirements
- Administer ongoing programs and initiatives for continuous quality assessment, quality improvement, and infection risk reduction (e.g. hand hygiene promotion and monitoring)
At Family Hospital, we always maintain a high standard of hygiene. Our cleaning staff are in charge of continuously cleaning every corner in order to minimize the infection for patients, their family members, and other health workers.